We are seeking a detail-oriented and highly motivated Compliance Officer to join our team. The Compliance Officer will play a crucial role in ensuring that our company complies with all relevant laws, regulations, and industry best practices. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment within the ever-evolving fintech sector.
- Implementing and reporting on the Compliance Monitoring Plan
- Delivering compliance monitoring across the business and managing remedial actions
- Managing risk assessments and other oversight activities
- Supporting the implementation of the Conduct Risk Dashboard and general compliance reporting
- Overseeing Members Due Diligence and Risk Profiling
- Reviewing and drafting business policies and procedures
- Conduct risk assessments to identify areas of compliance risk within the company's operations and oversee Operational Risk management.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of regulatory developments, new laws, regulations and ensure that the company's policies and procedures remain in compliance.
- Collaborate with the Compliance Manager to develop, implement, and update compliance policies and procedures. Ensure that these policies reflect current regulatory requirements and align with the company's business objectives.
- Develop and implement strategies to mitigate identified risks and monitor effectiveness.
- Draft and review agreements, MoUs, Proposals, Memo, and any other internal documents as and when necessary.
- Provide compliance training to employees across different departments to ensure a clear understanding of regulatory requirements and company policies. Maintain records of training sessions and assessments.
- Prepare and submit regulatory reports and filings in a timely and accurate manner. Monitor and track regulatory reporting deadlines to ensure compliance.
- Liaison role on behalf of company with Regulators.
- Liaise with cross-functional teams, including legal, operations, product development, and risk management, to provide guidance on compliance matters. Act as a point of contact for regulatory inquiries and examinations.
- Bachelor’s degree in law, Finance, Business, Management.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in in a compliance focused role in Fintech /Financial Service Industry is desirable.
- Strong understanding of relevant laws and regulations governing the fintech industry (e.g., Company Act, Payment & Settlement Act, Unified Directives, Regulations of Nepal Rastra Bank and SEBON).
- Agile mindset with an ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment where growth is front and center.
- Technical knowledge of compliance regulations (ideally from a payment environment)
- Ideally experience and understanding of Operational Risk
- Compliance Monitoring experience
- Understanding of the KYC/AML/CFT framework and oversight requirements
- Great communication skills to be able to work with other functions within the business.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Problem Solving and Critical thinking abilities.
Why Join Us?
- A stellar opportunity to work with the rising company
- The amazing and passionate young team, beautiful office space
- The trust of the biggest FinTech company.
- One-of-a-kind company culture and growth opportunities to accelerate your career progression
- Company-provided lunch facility